Mixed Turmeric Nuts & Seeds
Make this mix to enjoy or keep on hand in the freezer. Nuts and seeds provide healthy omegas that, especially, when combined with turmeric, help promote a healthy inflammatory response. Get the Better Anti-Inflammatory Menu for more delicious recipes that do the same.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 serving Gaia Turmeric Boost Uplift
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all nuts and seeds well.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk 2 egg whites and then add maple syrup, honey, TumericBoost Restore and sea salt. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and seeds and mix well until thoroughly covered.
- Spread the nut mixture in a single layer on the lined cookie sheet. Bake about 30-40 minutes until browned and fragrant, checking frequently to avoid burning.
Courtesy of Gaia Herbs