J-Wro’s Mexican Hot Chocolate
Some like it spicy! And oh is that an awesome way to enjoy hot cocoa. This dairy-free, vegan version delivers not just delicious taste but also better nutrition including magnesium and antioxidants to help promote better blood sugar. Get the Better Blood Sugar Guide now- and sip on this!
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk I like 1 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk and 1 1/4 cup hemp milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener I like Lakanto brand the best
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- In a small saucepan, bring non-dairy milk to a low simmer over medium heat.
- Add cacao powder, monkfruit, salt, vanilla and spices and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if desired (So Delicious brand is best!)