Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
What’s better than peanut butter and jelly? Peanut butter and chocolate bars! Dark chocolate (make sure yours is >65% cacao and doesn’t contain added milkfat) adds magnesium, so yes, these bars help turn off stress, deliciously! These plant-based desserts are a treat for you and your vegan, dairy-free friends or just anyone that would love to crunch on a delicious dessert. Get the Better Magnesium Nutrition Guide now!
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups Kamut Puffs
- 150 g dark chocolate
- Combine dates, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and the dates appear to be well-blended.
- Measure Kamut Puffs into a bowl. Top with the blended date mixture and mix very well. Evenly press the mixture into a greased or parchment paper lined 9×9 baking pan. Chill in freezer until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler.
- Decorate bars as you please: a) completely submerge the bars in chocolate, b) dip the bottoms in chocolate and drizzle the tops, c) drizzle the tops, d) dip 1 end of the bar in chocolate. Get creative!
- Chill to set chocolate and store in the fridge.
Courtesy of Nature’s Path