Zoodle Salad with Avocado Miso Dressing
Anytime of year is a better time to have your food choice promote better digestion. This dressing over zoodle salad will convince you that it’s easy and delicious to tune-up your digestion! Get the Better Digestive Tune-Up Guide now!
- For the salad:
- 1 cup fresh corn cut off cob (alternatively can use frozen and thawed corn in the off season)
- 6 cups zoodles I used 1 extra large zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro may omit or use parsley
- 1 avocado chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 medium-sized avocado
- 1 tablespoon organic white miso
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. I used my Vitamix. Start with just 1/4 cup of water, adding the additional tablespoons, as needed, to achieve desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour half of the dressing on top and mix until all vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add additional dressing, as needed, and toss together. Enjoy!
You may make the dressing and prepare the salad in advance of serving, however, avoid dressing salad more than 1 hour prior to serving. Courtesy of Chelsey Amer, RD at C it Nutritionally