Want to include more mushrooms in your diet? Start with easy-to-find varieties such as shiitake. From our friends at Better Nutrition Magazine, this dish is insanely easy to prepare, is packed with nutrients, and is surprisingly satisfying given its simplicity. There’s peppery arugula, brightness from the lemon, hot-and-smoky paprika, and creamy, salty umami flavor from the cheese. Recipe excerpted with permission from Healing Mushrooms by Tero Isokauppila.
- 4 cups bunch arugula
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms stemmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½–1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1½ oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- Divide arugula between two plates, and top with mushroom slices. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over mushrooms, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Finish with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese over all.