Mushrooms are amazing for immune health. Get in one of the hero mushrooms shiitake with this delicious recipe rom our friends at Better Nutrition Magazine. Learn more about how to add mushrooms to your better total nutrition plan with our guide. Recipe excerpted with permission from Healing Mushrooms by Tero Isokauppila.
- 4 cups bunch arugula
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms stemmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½–1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1½ oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- Divide arugula between two plates, and top with mushroom slices. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over mushrooms, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Finish with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese over all.