Plant Powered Jalapeño Queso
Make your queso better by getting in healthy fats and protein from plants! Pairs deliciously with non-starchy veggies for dipping like cucumber slices, bell peppers, and celery. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 red tomatoes
- 1 2 white onion
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 2 of one large potato
- a little over 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 4 tsp cumin
- 1 4 tsp garlic
- 1 4 tsp sea salt
- 1 4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 4 cup Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Start by heating up a pan with water until it boils, add cashews and let simmer until the cashews are soft. Strain and set aside. Tip: you can also soak your cashews overnight with water, you just need them soft.
- In the meantime, set up your oven to broiler and roast your tomatoes, jalapeños and onions for about 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are charred.
- In a blender or food processor, mix your soft cashews, charred jalapeño, tomato and onions, nutritional yeast, 1/2 steamed potato, carrots, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and almondmilk. Blend for about 10-15 minutes (or more) until a thick and creamy dip forms. Tip: It may take a while to blend everything together to make it a creamy queso like consistency, be patient!)
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving with tortilla chips, pico de gallo and guacamole.