- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup fresh peppermint leaves
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons alcohol-free peppermint oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of the water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool 1 minute.
- Place the peppermint leaves in a bowl with a lid. Pour the water over the peppermint leaves. Cover and steep for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend the rice, remaining 2 cups water, oil, and syrup (if using) until smooth. (The mixture will thicken. Avoid thinning the mixture with additional water.)
- Strain the tea, then pour it into the blender. Blend until smooth, removing any lumps, and serve warm or refrigerate.