Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 package soft tofu or 12-18 egg whites
- 1 bag mixed red and greed chard stems removed (small leaves preferable)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil dark, unrefined
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds ground
- 3 ounces goat cheese or sheep's milk crumbles (optional)
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer.
- Add the chard and sauté for about 3 to 5 minute, until wilted.
- Add the tofu (crumbling with your hands or a fork) or egg whites and continue to sauté, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the oil, and sprinkle in the sesame seeds while continuing to stir.
- Add the cheese, if using, and cover for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place onto plates.