Cinnamon Maple Banana Hemp Sushi
I learn a lot from my Canadian foodie friends! They introduced me to the delicious, nutritious plant powerhouse: hemp hearts. They offer protein, omegas, minerals, vitamins, fiber, but no other carbohydrates. That means hemp hearts are a perfect partner for a banana! Want more hemp recipe ideas? Get inspired with my Better Hemp Menu.
- 2 organic bananas sliced lengthwise and halved
- 8 Tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp Heart toppers – maple-cinnamon flavor
- 4 Tbsp favorite nut butter I used cashew here
- On a cutting board, wax paper or clean counter top, spread out the hemp hearts. Next, spread one tablespoon of nut butter on four banana halves (you will have four “pairs” of bananas so use only one part of each pair). Put the other banana half (that doesn’t have nut butter) on top to make a sandwich, then roll the sandwich in the hemp hearts to coat it. Slice and serve or put in a to-go container.
- Too much work? No need to slice the bananas into halves, you can just apply the nut butter to the outside of the banana and roll them in the hemp heart toppers