Carrot Ginger Soup with Coconut Milk
This creamy luxe soup is just as beautiful as it is delicious. Orange is a color I always have a hard time getting in, but this carrot ginger soup makes it easy. With Vitamin A from the carrots, omegas from the hemp seeds, zinc from the pumpkin seeds, and vitamin E from the almonds, this recipe helps your body get more of what it needs to run better. The more colors you get in, the wider variety of nutrients you will get. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 3 Tbsp. grass-fed butter or virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound carrots chopped
- 1 piece (1 in) 1 knob fresh ginger
- 1-2 tsp curry powder according to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock plus more if needed
- 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp hemp
- sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds
- fresh chilantro chopped
- Heat butter until melted. Add onion and sauté until translucent.Add salt & pepper. Add carrots and spices and cook for ~10-15 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- When carrots are soft, add soup to a high-speed blender and puree. Return soup to pot and add coconut milk and more broth to reach desired consistency. Add toppings and serve.