Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Grapefruit, Apricot and Walnut
Slightly sweet, slightly tart and totally delicious! This slaw helps your detox system run better. We all have a detoxification system, and these ingredients give it some serious, better support – perfect with an AKA veggie burger or over lentils or tossed into an organic corn tortilla with wild cod or sardines for a better fish taco. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts ends trimmed and sliced in half vertically
- 1 small grapefruit cut into segments
- 6 dried apricots chopped
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a mandolin or slicing very thinly with a sharp knife, shave the Brussels sprouts and place in a medium mixing bowl. Toss together with the grapefruit segments, apricots and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking vigorously.
- Toss the dressing with the Brussels sprouts mixture and serve.