Better Pear Persimmon Crisp
We love this recipe from Carrie Gabriel MS RD of Steps2Nutrition.com, and you will too! Especially if you are looking for a delicious gluten-free option for getting in fiber! Grab the Better Nutrition Fiber Evaluation to make sure you are giving your body enough of the better kinds of fiber, and more often.
- 2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of white whole wheat or almond flour depending on your preference
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 medium Bosc Pear chopped
- 2 medium persimmons 1 chopped 1 sliced in circles to lay on top of the dish
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 medium banana ripe
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 10x7 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray (coconut oil based is ideal)
- Place the banana in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Then add the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla and flax seed meal. Stir.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients. MAKE SURE to only add ONE chopped persimmon, the other goes on top!
- Then transfer this mixture into the casserole dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Lay the sliced pieces of persimmon on the top of the dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the dish is cooked, let it cool a bit, then cut and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or a nut butter drizzle of your choice!