Better Egg Bites
Make these Better Egg Bites for a better breakfast, brunch, post-workout or midday snack available anytime (these refrigerate for 3-4 days). They are a great way to get in a rainbow more often. Get the Better Rainbow and Protein Evaluations now!
- 2 1/2 cups egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sautéed kale
- 1 cup sautéed peppers chopped
- 1/4 sautéed mushrooms / onions mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut yogurt Plain
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- optional: spices
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use liners for 12-cup muffin tin (avoid ones with aluminum).
- Whisk yogurt, eggs & egg whites in a bowl.
- add a pinch of salt or Parmesan cheese to the bowl and try to fold salt or cheese into egg yogurt mixture.
- Combine veggies in a separate bowl.
- Fill each muffin tin 1/4-1/3 full with veggies and herbs of choice.
- Fill each muffin to the top with egg mixture, pouring over the veggies already in each tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top.
- Let egg bites cool for a few minutes, then remove from tin.