Better Banana Oat Muffins
We love options we can make now and enjoy later, whether at home or on the go. Grab this better nutrition recipe from Chelsea Cross RD of McDietetics.com for delicious option to get in fiber! Grab the Better Nutrition Fiber evaluation to make sure you are giving your body enough of the better kinds of fiber more often.
- 1 cup whole grain oats
- 120 grams oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup milk or dairy free alternative (up to 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Mix-Ins: Add any thing you would like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Heat your bananas in a large bowl in the microwave to make them easier to mash. Then combine all of the rest of the wet ingredients EXCEPT the coconut oil.
- Add your dry to wet and add any extra milk until a muffin batter consistency. Add your coconut oil and mix-ins until just incorporated.
- Portion your batter into sprayed muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the muffin tops are firm to the touch.