Portobello Mushroom Cap Pizzas
Avoiding gluten doesn’t mean pizza is off the menu. These portobello mushroom cap pizzas are delicious, beautiful, and an easy way to satisfy that pizza craving AND leave you the option to enjoy another carb with it (chocolate or a bowl of berries for dessert?!) Get the Better Protein Nutrition Guide now!
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted broccoli or other roasted veggie
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Evenly distribute clean mushroom caps gill side down on a lined baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from the oven and carefully flip the mushroom caps over. If water accumulates on the baking sheet, drain the liquid.
- Spoon the tomato sauce into the mushroom caps. Add cheese and broccoli (or other veggies). Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. To brown the top of the cheese, broil for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with oregano and basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Chelsey Amer, RD at C it Nutritionally