Pork-Tendered for Better Digestion
- 8 oz lean pork from a tenderloin or thick chops
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 oz bitters such as Angostura
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups green beans trimmed and halved
- Freeze the pork for about 20 minutes (not longer); remove from freezer and slice thinly.
- In a skillet, place the garlic and lightly brown the pork in the oil on medium-low heat. After a few minutes, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and bitters, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and let simmer for about 10 minutes. (Pork needs to be cooked thoroughly.)
- Add the lentils to the tomato-pork mixture. Simmer until hot, stir in the cilantro, and taste. (Add additional salt or cilantro if necessary.)
- In a saucepan, boil the green beans. Drain the green beans. Fold green beans into the stew and serve.