Choco PB Hemp Bars
Want better brownies? These are better on taste and on nutrition. They deliver essential fatty acids – omega-3 and omega-6s – and quality protein from the hemp hearts, nuts, and peanut butter. The hemp hearts and oats also pack in the fiber – both insoluble and soluble – so your digestion and heart gets what it needs to run better, but you also feel full with a better portion. Struggling with your fiber intake because fiber-rich choices don’t taste awesome? Use my Better Fiber Menu to help you meet your daily fiber needs, deliciously.
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil plus more for greasing the dish
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips use Enjoy Life chips if making dairy-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey to a pot and melt over low heat, stirring often.
- Once the mixture is well combined, add in the chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9×13 dish that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Place the dish in the fridge. Once it has set, cut into bars and serve. Make sure you store them in the fridge or freezer so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Courtesy of Manitoba Harvest