Chicken Chili with Black Beans & Monterey Jack Cheese
Super bowl party coming up? Craving a bowl of comforting chili? Look no further than this all-star recipe. Loaded with better quality protein like black beans and organic chicken, this chili is a better energy pit stop and perfect for lunch, dinner and to feed your crowd. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and salt to pan, sauté, 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and cook until brick red, 1-2 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder, paprika and cayenne, toast spices 1 minute. Add beans, pepper, tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until liquid reduces and mixture thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Divide between four bowls and sprinkle each with a tablespoon of cheese and a tablespoon of cilantro.
Courtesy of @meghuylo