Better Chocolate Banana Loaf
"A perfect recipe to use up those ripe bananas and avocados in the fridge!" Jasmine Kwok RD, BSc of JasmineKwokRd.wordpress.com By using chickpea flour this recipe bumps up the protein and fiber, you even get healthy omegas from the walnuts and avocado! Use the Better Nutrition Evaluation to see if you are giving your body a better amount of omegas from better sources more often.
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 ripe avocado mashed
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Combine the wet ingredients together: bananas, avocado,
- coconut oil/butter, egg, vanilla extract, and honey.
- Combine dry ingredients together: chickpea flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix together the wet and dry mixtures. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled or non-stick loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Notes: Alongside a cup of my favorite fortified soy milk, this is a perfect snack for that mid-afternoon slump, or my pre-workout before my longer runs. Hope you enjoy!