Kid-a-licious Maple-Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
A crunchy treat, these chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are deliciously hard to resist. Chickpeas are naturally full of protein, fiber, and antioxidant phytonutrients, so they make snacking downright healthy. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 1 25-ounce can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in a colander. Spread onto several towels to dry, rubbing gently with the towel to help dry and to remove some of the outer skins (don’t worry if they don’t all come off).
- Once chickpeas are totally dry, transfer to rimmed baking sheet and place into a cold oven. Turn heat to 400°F while the chickpeas are inside; this helps them dry out more before baking. When oven temperature reaches 400°F, set timer for 13–15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven and drizzle chickpeas with olive oil and maple syrup; sprinkle with salt. Roll peas around with a rubber spatula so all surfaces are coated. Sprinkle with cinnamon and roll peas again until thoroughly coated. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Turn off oven and leave door cracked for 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet and let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
Courtesy of Natural Vitality