Homemade Brazil Nut Milk
Enjoy this delicious, plant-based milk option; Brazil Nut Milk. This helps you to get in some magnesium, vitamin E, and selenium, naturally! Get the Better Plant-Based Protein Nutrition Guide now!
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 3 cup water
- 2 pitted dates
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak the Brazil nuts in a bowl of water for 4 hours to overnight. (If you have a high-speed blender you can skip this step.)
- Drain and rinse the nuts and add to a blender, along with the water, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag or a few layers of cheesecloth that is held over a bowl or milk container.
- Squeeze gently to get all the liquid out.
- Store milk in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- The milk may separate while sitting, so be sure to give the jar a shake before using.