Better Eggs in the Hole(s)
This is a sweet breakfast (but also a better dinner option too). There’s nothing quite like the taste, and nutrition, of sautéed purple onions. I sautéed mine in Rosemary olive oil for some extra deliciousness and spice nutrition … takes about 3 mins to make & you might shed a few? Since there are no carbs in this you can enjoy it with a small latte or piece of fruit or 1/2 a sweet potato! Better quality eggs help you meet your daily protein needs. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 purple red onion
- Remove dry skin of onion.
- Slice two, thick slices from the middle, you can save the rest or slice it too
- In a cast iron sauté pan, add oil and heat on medium
- Add onions and sauté until brown on one side then flip. As you flip, or after, remove the three to four center rings – this will make your hole.
- Add an egg in each hole
- Cover until egg gardens slightly (you will see it turn white versus clear).
- Uncover and flip, continue to sauté until egg is desired consistency/ finish.
- Remove and enjoy both or store one for later.