No-Bake Better Caramel Cups
Looking for a better sweet treat? These are sure to be crowd pleasers. Get the Better Added Sugars Nutrition Guide that will help you enjoy this sweet treat and the benefits of better nutrition.
- 1 cup Nature's Path Love Crunch Chocolate Cinnamon & Cashew Granola
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dates soaked to soften
- 3 tbsp coconut oil softened but not melted
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Using a food processor, process the granola and oats into a fine flour. Add the dates and coconut oil and process until well combined. The mixture should hold together when pressed between your finger and thumb. If it seems dry, add water one teaspoon at a time until it holds together.
- Press the crust mixture into the cups of a nonstick mini cupcake pan, using about one tablespoon of mixture for each cup and pressing evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the caramel filling.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown rice syrup, maple syrup, cashew butter, and salt and heat over medium heat until the mixture just comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in the non-dairy milk and vanilla.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the caramel evenly into the cups. Place back in the freezer to firm up while you make the chocolate topping.
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, coconut oil, and maple syrup until smooth. Pour evenly on top of the cups to cover the caramel and place the pan back in the freezer to firm up. These are best eaten directly from the freezer. At room temperature, the caramel center is thin and drippy.
Courtesy of Nature's Path