Gaea’s Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Fall is a great time for cooking – so many yummy vegetables to work with, and pumpkin certainly is on that list. This recipe also makes use of the seeds, which will not only add an excellent nutty flavor but also magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, iron, and healthy fats to your soup bowl. Magnesium is Mother Nature’s muscle relaxant to help turn off stress, cell by cell, more often. Are you a practitioner? Check out our all-in-one system to grow your business.
- 4 cups pumpkin peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup yellow onions chopped
- 1/2 cup celery with stem chopped
- 6 to 7 tablespoons Gaea Sitia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese or hard cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Place the chopped pumpkin, zucchini, onions and celery in a large soup pot and add the vegetable stock until at least half the vegetables are covered. Bring the broth to a boil then let simmer over
- low heat for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool to room temperature before pureeing vegetable and broth in a blender. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pureed mixture and return the soup to the pot and let simmer for 15 minutes before serving in individual soup bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the pumpkin seeds, crumbled cheese, and ginger.
Courtesy of Gaea