Egg Lentil Muffins
Grain-free but fiber-full, there are great to make ahead to have on hand for a quick morning or midday bite. These egg muffins can also be made dairy-free by using a plain almond or coconut yogurt. Get the Better Fiber Evaluation today!
- 3 organic pasture eggs
- 2 cups organic liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils pureed
- 3 tbsp organic lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon reserve for sprinkle
- high-heat coconut oil spray for pan
- Preheat oven 350F. Grease muffin tin (12 large muffins) with coconut oil or spray, and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk whole eggs, egg whites, lentils, yogurt, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon (1 tsp) until smooth. Divide mixture equally between muffins in tin. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon (1/2 tsp) evenly across the tops of the filled muffins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes; cooking time varies greatly depending on oven so start looking at them after 18 minutes. You can test with a toothpick (nothing should stick to finished muffins). Muffins will be very puffy initially, will drop as much as 1/2 their size upon cooling.
- Eat when cooled or store in a container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.