Better Hemp Pesto
While I love pesto, I love hemp pesto even more, and you will too! This pesto packs plant protein, essential fatty acids, fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, and more. Find out if you're getting enough magnesium by using the Better Magnesium Evaluation. This doesn't pack carbs, so pair it with your favorite carb or enjoy it with non-starchy veggies as part of a lower carb pit stop.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons cashews soaked
- 1 small garlic clove roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine basil, hemp, cashews, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Pulse to roughly combine.
- With motor running, slowly pour in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Process until mixture is smooth, about 10-15 seconds. You will likely need to stop and wipe the edges of the blender or food processor and then resume pureeing.